The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program is one of the highest paying doctoral fellowship programs in Canada which anyone seeking for financial assistance to pursue a doctorate degree should not overlook.
The scholarship is widely open to all interested aspirants both nationally and internationally.
Please note this scholarship is mainly for those undertaking Postdoctoral degree in Canadian host institutions.
Additionally, the information here will guide you on all details you need to know about this Banting Postdoctoral Scholarship Program including how to successfully apply.
About Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program funds the best national and international postdocs who will impact positively to the growth of the country’s economic, social and research base.
- Attract and retain best postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally.
- Develop their leadership potential and
position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
Scholarship Value: $70,000 per year (taxable)
Duration: 2 years (non-renewable)
- Canadian citizens: students who are canadian citizen by birth or marriage.
- Permanent residents of Canada: individuals who reside in Canada and have acquired permanent resident status.
- Foreign citizens: include all international students.
Scholarship Research Areas
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
How to apply
However, applying for this scholarship program is usually simple if you submit your application through the institutions collaborating with the fellowship.
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.