Kitchen Assistant at Care UK – You’re a hard-working individual with experience working in a busy kitchen. Ideally, you’ve already got some experience in a care home setting. You’re also a caring person who understands how important mealtimes are to older, vulnerable people.
You’re a good team player who takes pride in your job and is happy to go the extra mile. You know the importance of food hygiene and health and safety rules. Above all, you want to be a valued member of a friendly team. You’re keen to progress in your catering career and do your bit to improve the nutrition of older people.
About Care UK
We run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK. We provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. As one of the UK’s leading care home providers, our goal is to help every employee fulfil his or her potential – with first-class training and support
Reporting to the Head Chef, you will make sure all kitchen equipment and areas are properly cleaned. As part of our hard-working team, you’ll also help prepare tasty, nutritious meals that our residents and guests will enjoy. For example, you’ll take pressure off the chefs by cooking breakfast in the mornings. At main mealtimes, you will add those much-loved finishing touches like custard or gravy.
You will be responsible for safe, hygienic food storage and for making sure kitchen equipment and cleaning materials are kept in their correct places. In return, we’ll give you lots of support, training and opportunities to progress in your career.
- Competitive pay – we pay more than the average
- Flexible hours, including a choice of day, night or weekend shifts
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Fast-track career options, e.g. to chef
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Stakeholder pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Access to our Chef Training Academy, where you can learn new skills from experienced trainers and progress towards more senior positions within the company.