Michigan Mesothelioma Lawyers – The high rate of asbestos exposure in Michigan’s auto factories, manufacturing industries, companies and other jobs that exposes workers to Mesothelioma diagnosis have been on the increase in the past few months.
On that note, Michigan mesothelioma lawyers have helped many Michigan workers get asbestos claims for their injuries and lose of loved ones by filling legal claims against these companies that manufactured asbestos-containing products.
On this post, we shall be reviling to you top mesothelioma lawyers you can find in Michigan state. All you have to do is to ensure you read through this article till the end to get the full information we have on this page.
What is Mesothelioma and Symptoms?
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that occurs in the thin layer of tissue that covers the majority of your internal organs (mesothelium). It is an aggressive and deadly form of cancer. Mesothelioma treatments are available, but for many people with mesothelioma, a permanent cure is not possible.
Mesothelioma most often affects the tissue that surrounds the lungs (pleura). This type is called pleural mesothelioma. Other, rarer types of mesothelioma affect tissue in the abdomen and is called peritoneal mesothelioma, around the heart and around the testicles.
Signs and symptoms of mesothelioma vary depending on where the cancer occurs.
Pleural mesothelioma symptoms may include:
- Chest pain
- Painful coughing
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual lumps of tissue under the skin on your chest
- Unexplained weight loss
Peritoneal mesothelioma symptoms may include:
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal swelling
- Unexplained weight loss
Other rare forms of mesothelioma may include pericardial mesothelioma and mesothelioma of tunica vaginalis.
Industries in Michigan Known for Asbestos Exposure
- Automobile manufacturing
- Chemical production
- Industrial milling
- Oil refining
- Power generation
- Vermiculite processing
Michigan Mesothelioma Lawyers
Michigan mesothelioma lawyers at national mesothelioma law firms are licensed to practice throughout the U.S., and at least one of them has an office in Michigan. The Weitz & Luxenberg mesothelioma law firm has an office in Detroit, and has a national reputation for securing some of the highest asbestos claims in the state.
Nationwide Mesothelioma Law Firms
- Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman
- Nemeroff Law
- Simmons Hanly Conroy
- Cooney & Conway
- Weitz & Luxenberg
Because most clients might not be able to travel to locate a Michigan mesothelioma attorney, a representative from a national law firm will travel to you. They understand clients might be dealing with severe cancer pains and as a result cannot easily travel. National mesothelioma law firms have representatives who travel frequently throughout the U.S. to meet with clients. The amazing thing here is that clients won’t be charged for their travel costs.
Notable Asbestos Verdicts Awarded to Michigan Workers
- $1.8 Million in 2018: A Michigan jury awarded $1.8 million to the family of James Parrot after a two-week trial. Parrot’s surviving family claimed their loved one died of lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure he contracted as a steel worker. It is among the highest lung cancer verdicts in Michigan’s history.
- $542,000 in 2009: A Michigan jury awarded $542,000 to Reed Avram for developing asbestosis caused by exposure to asbestos components supplied by the McMaster-Carr Supply Company. It was the first asbestos case to make it to a verdict in Michigan since 1992.
State Departments Overseeing Michigan’s Asbestos Laws
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Air Quality Division
- Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration